• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

So many meds to take to be able to function...

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
meds.jpg

This is the 4 meds i have to take everyday to endure life. 4 rather strong products in their own categories. Who needs to take a fucking lot of meds to endure life here ? (i also use weed, but i'm not gonna take a pic of that). I mean with all this i'm perfectly fine and I get judged a lot by people who are like "I don't even take tylenol for headaches."

Only 4?? Our kitchen counter looks like pharmacy...I've got like 20-25 bottles to take daily or eod

do you have aids or what ? seriously, who needs 20 ?

Anyway there's dilaudid and klonopin there and the strongest anti COPD inhaler and about the strongest antacid out there... What are your problems ?

I'm on quite a few different meds...

Seroquel (so I can sleep - I have severe insomnia)
Diazepam (to taper off benzos - I've been dependent on benzos for 7 years)
Effexor (an anti-depressant)
Dexamphetamine (not prescribed, but I need it to function after recently quitting meth)

Plus a few others. I don't think 4 medications is a huge amount.

That's too bad...and also that's exactly what I thought, i dont have it so bad, these people who judge me and say i dont need any of this can fuck off!

Ive been on oxycodone 30mgs 6x's a day for almost a year. And recently do to the shortage of oxycodone 30's where i live. My doctor switched me to 8mg dilaudid 6x's a day instead. And to be honest it does not seem to help the pain nearly as much! I no dilaudid is much stronger, but ive been on it for 2 months now. And it still isnt working nearly as well. And as a youth i experimented with drugs in all forms, but until this switch i HAVE NOT shoot up anything till this switch!! I was in such pain I had no chose but to shoot some dilaudid to kill the pain! When i was on my oxycodone I took it as perscribed, except for once in a blue moon snorting one. And now when im in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN I have to shot some dilaudid to get the pain to stop. when in the past if i was in that much pain i would possibly have to snort 2 oxycodone, and take a couple perks. Its scaring me to death that because of the DEA cracking down on south florida with the oxycodone 30's(or roxicodone) that I may become addicted to the shooting!!!! Even though its only when im in horrible pain that i do shoot( FOR NOW ) it really worries me! Is anyone out there going threw this? Or has anyone felt the roxicodone helped more than the dilaudid? And if so will I eventually just get used to the dilaudid and not have to abuse it to get relief? Any suggestions, word of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Try snorting the hydromorphone maybe ? it's a logical choice between oral and injection...pills are so tiny too the dont hurt too much.

only 4? at 1 point in my life celexa, subutex, lithium, lamictl, and zyprexa along with serequel for sleep and anxiety from one doctor, and aderal and xanex from another

^ Nah, lithium is a nasty drug. I was put on a high dose years ago when my doc misdiagnosed me as bipolar... I needed to have weekly blood tests, and had to drink lots of fluids to prevent my levels going toxic (which they did several times!). Wasn't a happy experience.

Wow, I guess I should be grateful for my health. I guess in the end, if the medications you take are necessary to make life livable then there's not really an option but to take them.
OP: what's the second one from the left.. I think I can make out Hydromorphone on the first, then there's the inhaler and antacid of course...

doh.. I just want to say that your not alone.

I have to take daily:

- Remeron ( 2 times daily, antidepressant which didn't work on me... )
- Xanax/Lorazepam ( on need, for anxiety )
- MS Contin ( 2/3 times daily, for pain )
- Aspirin Cardio ( 1 on the morning, for cardiovascular events )
- Lyrica ( 2 times a day , for nerve pain )
- Paracetamol ( each 4 hrs, for pain/headache )
- Zolpidem ( at night for sleep )

- and tramadol is on the way...

and I still feel bad. I don't use all these pain meds for fun. I broke my feet...

Feel the same way!

i have an "obscure" (or so it seems) condition that i've had since 15 years old, i'm 24 now and a girl. I've finally gotten the symptoms under control after YEARS of docs/testing but when i really think about it, it ALWAYS gets me down - to be on multiple Rx's at 24, and have friends who look puzzled when i say i take tons of otc stuff too. Best part though is always at the pharmacy - the med i have to take is generally prescribed for people over age 50. ( i have overactive bladder and suspected interstitial cystitis which is chronic inflammation of the bladder - NOT FUN)

i take ditropan xl - every day, a high dose
macrobid - every day, an antibiotic
birth control pill - every day, naturally (my choice but periodically gives me high blood pressure)
adderall - dont take every day but it is prescribed to me. its been almost a year and i still cant get used to this drug.

then i take supplements - too many to list i am a true believer in vitamins! usually magnesium, fish oil, vit D (im deficient), co Q 10 to name a few

THEN on any given day i usually need at some point to take advil or excedrine or an aspirin for headaches/neck tension. AZO standard which is a HIDEOUS drug for UTI's that has been shown to cause cancer but the only thing that provides relief for my bladder symptoms, probably some claritin for allergies, and almost ALWAYS bendryl for sleep. (out of habit, i actually sleep well ive just been doing it for years)

THANK GOD off suboxone after a year on it following 2 years of painkiller abuse - ive been off since early july and my mind is FINALLY starting to wake up. holy hell i hated being on that - but it saved me.

So - i feel your pain. and wow, i feel better as this is something that is always irking me but i just try to not think about it. thanks for starting the thread i clearly needed to vent.

Wow, I guess I should be grateful for my health. I guess in the end, if the medications you take are necessary to make life livable then there's not really an option but to take them.
OP: what's the second one from the left.. I think I can make out Hydromorphone on the first, then there's the inhaler and antacid of course...

clonazepam

Also AnyCouponWorks, i'm 28, everyone says i'm too young to be on medication and bring it up everytime i say hurt somewhere one of my friend is like "Time for your morphine junkie!" :mad: 1) it's not morphine 2) that guy smokes hash all day...

I heard Ermilin or something like that cures interstitial cystitis I think. Wiki it.

And yeah I understand you people make me sick!

I'm on quite a few different meds...

Seroquel (so I can sleep - I have severe insomnia)
Diazepam (to taper off benzos - I've been dependent on benzos for 7 years)
Effexor (an anti-depressant)
Dexamphetamine (not prescribed, but I need it to function after recently quitting meth)

Plus a few others. I don't think 4 medications is a huge amount.

I'm apparently not yet allowed to PM you, but after reading your attempting-quitting thread a few months ago and sympathizing, I want to congratulate you on quitting meth.

On the topic of the thread, I'm not prescribed anything for "regular use," but have a few drugs for various sorts of pain control that I'm prescribed for "as needed" use.

clonazepam for anxiety
temazepam for PRN insomnia
amphetamine to fxn during the day (or night when I'm working)

--I can go without the last two for a little while, but without a stimulant I cannot fxn very well--unless I d/c using the stimulant for a while and increase my exercising, utilize a steady sleep cycle, and improve my nutrition habits.

I wish i could have lithium i guess!

Ha really? I'm not a fan. At all. Apparently I didn't drink enough water for like 3 months straight. Massive memory loss - couldn't even spell my name, terrible tremors, painful muscle spasms, weak legs (like I'd try to stand up and they'd completely give out), weight gain, hallucinations. Oh and I had a heat stroke. Apparently lithium keeps you from feeling as hot as you really are? So you don't hydrate/keep cool when you should be because you have no clue.
And in the beginning there were blood tests like every week. Oh and I was a zombie and everything sucked!

I dread the day I have another episode and they put me on another mood stabilizer. But anyway, I'll never take lithium again, I told my doctor.

Right now I've got:
Wellbutrin
Risperdal
Zyrtec
Xanax

That's not too bad compared to what it was. I'm cool with my amount. I mean, I'd love to not take any of that but you know, 4 doesn't make me feel like I'm really insane.

I'm apparently not yet allowed to PM you, but after reading your attempting-quitting thread a few months ago and sympathizing, I want to congratulate you on quitting meth.

Thanks! The road to recovery is always rocky, but I'm making progress. :)

I heard Ermilin or something like that cures interstitial cystitis I think. Wiki it.

And yeah I understand you people make me sick!

Thanks - think you're talking about Elmiron. Yep, it was the first thing i tried years ago, and docs swore it was a "cure". Did SHIT for me and actually gave me a secondary problem which was bruising, i would get bruises from just about damn near anything that came in contact with my skin.

also tried patches of time release oxybutynin which were horrific, they were like 3x3 inches (huge) and had to go on your thigh or lower stomach - and whatever adhesive they used on there, i would be in tears trying to tear those things off...they would leave a red irritated rash that wouldnt go away for weeks. i ran out of alternate spots to put them, and decided to try something else.

trust me i feel your pain. ....i have a love/hate relationship with Rx drugs.